How to maintain memory and keep your Blackberry running smoothly
Monthly maintenance tips
1. Delete excess email and text messages
Consider your email and texts as a convenience, deleting any messages you
don't need to keep handy from the mobile device.
2. Move photos, videos and documents, to a memory card
If you need to purchase one, choose the Micro SD type. 2GB minimum.
Refer to your users manual to correctly insert and format your card for use.
3. Perform a soft reset of your Blackberry
Refresh your device with a restart. Simply remove and replace the battery after 2 seconds.
From your Blackberry, download Quickpull Free as a software solution to soft reset.
4. Clean out Temporary Internet Files and cookies
Open the Browser, press Menu, Options, Cache operations. Clear Content Cache, Pushed
Content and Cookie Cache. Clear History is optional, but should be done occasionally.
5. Supra eKey users, Delete and reinstall the software
Start in the Options menu, select Advanced Options, then Applications.
Type 'E" to get to eKey. Press the menu key, select Delete.
From the Web Browser, go to www.ekeymobile.com. Download the application.
Launching the app on your Blackberry will prompt for a new authorization key.
Log on toSupraWEB with key number and password for a reauthorization key
How to clear the cache, cookies and history on Blackberry.
1. Open the Browser from your icons
2. Press Menu and select Options
3. Select Cache Operations from the Options list
4. Press to clear cache, clear cookies and remove history Clear the
pushed data as well, even after it prompts you.
5. Press the Escape key to clean the memory. Press Menu, select Close.
Blackberry Keyboard Shortcuts
Practice using these time-saving keystrokes to enhance the navigation of your Blackberry
TIPS: Organize your Bookmarks to make them easy to locate when you need them. Create folders in Bookmarks
to separate your business-related sites, for example from your personal sites.
Change the font and text size in the browser to make web pages easier to read.
Blackberry Internet Service
Use the BIS to:
• Create an email account
• Add or edit email accounts
• Customize your email signature
• Set email reconciliation policies
On the Blackberry, open the Settings menu, and select email settings to access the BIS from the device. You may
also connect to the BIS through your wireless carrier’s website with your account username and password, or the
Perform these maintenance steps every 4 – 6 weeks to assure optimum performance of your Blackberry smartphone.
1. Delete old email and text messages from the message s inbox. Store messages you want to keep on the device in a “Saved
2. Clean out the cookies and temporary files in the Web Browser. Open the browser, go to Menu, General Options, Cache operations.
3. Delete and reinstall the GE Supra eKey application (if applicable). Go to Options, Advanced, Applications. Highlight eKey, press
menu and delete. From the web browser, go to www.ekeydownload.com and reinstall the application. You will need a new authorization
number before you can update your key and access the iBox.
4 Remove the battery for 5 seconds and replace. This will refresh the device memory as well as the connection to the wireless carrier.
This step may improve overall device speed , signal quality and data speed.
Tip: Set a monthly reminder with alarm in your Blackberry’s calendar to perform these tasks. Add the steps to the Notes portion of
the reminder so you won’t forget what to do.
Blackberry Compatible Solutions
Get A Dropbox
Google Mobile Apps for Blackberry
Blackberry Software Update Site
Built for Blackberry Site
Best In Free Blackberry Software
DataViz Documents To Go – Create Word, Excel, Files, Read PPT & PDFs!
Facebook for Blackberry Free Download
MySpace for Blackberry Free Download
Twitterberry Free Download
Flickr For Blackberry Free download
Listen to Free Internet Radio on your Blackberry
Listen to Pandora Free Internet Radio on your Blackberry
The New York Times
TeleNav GPS Navigation
Garmin Mobile for Blackberry
How To use Your Blackberry As A Modem For Your Laptop Computer
Have modem service as part of your wireless plan? Setup instructions here!
www.tetherberry.com/ (go to www.crackberry.com and check for a discounted price!)
PDANet for Blackberry (not all Blackberry devices are compatible)
Find Additional Blackberry Software
http://Blackberry Desktop Software Update
Fun Yet Useful Software Applications
QuickPull Free (soft reset tool)
BLACKBERRY STORM APPS: (list from wirelessandmobilenews.com)
Pocket Express is a handy all-in one entertainment and news aggregator with maps, sports, weather, travel and 411. Pocket Express
is a data intensive application and you should have an unlimited data plan before using the app.
FlyCast Radio is one of the most popular BlackBerry Storm apps we have covered. It offers over 1200 streaming radio stations and
there is bound to be station that you like. Their program guide show almost every type of station, CNN, BBC, 70's, 80's, Fox News,
Sesame Street, Jazz, Spirituality and more as well as local stations across the United States.
QuickPull is another of readers' favorite apps, this handy utility allows BlackBerry Storm users to simulate pulling the battery, to free
up memory and it is of course free.
Feel-Goodies - this free feel-good app reminds you how wonderful you really are. Click through positive empowering sayings to feel
better about yourself. "An app to give or receive that can't go wrong."
BOLT is a mobile browser application we saw demoed last month at CTIA which has been downloaded and approved by many
BlackBerry Storm users. BOLT as it name implies makes web browsing lightening fast, with special viewing tools for the BlackBerry
Storm touchscreen. It also makes video streaming easier.
Funambol is a cloud syncing service with push email. As far as apps go this one is very handy because it syncs contacts with all sorts
of email and calendaring services, such as Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail and Hotmail as well as Outlook and Thunderbird. This is a
free service you register for on the web.
Qik Video Share is a free video sharing app that allows for live streaming video from your BlackBerry Storm while it occurs. It is best
understood by watching the video demonstration from CTIA.
eReader Pro allows you to read and buy books from your BlackBery Storm. Books that are free are in the public domain.
WHERE is a free a location-based mobile application which provides information about places around you. WHERE on the BlackBerry
Storm comes with GasBuddy, Starbucks, weather, news and Traffic. It also has widgets for, events, Yelp(with restaurant reviews),
Yellow Pages, movie times, news, and WHERE wall(a forum.)
Storm Piano is one of the most popular BlackBerry Storm apps we have ever covered. It turns the BlackBerry Storm’s touchscreen
into piano keys. It makes me want to start taking piano lessons again.
If you like to more “Best BlackBerry Storm Apps,” articles please let us know and give us a topic. We have already done “Best Free
BlackBerry (Storm) Travel Apps from BlackBerry App World.”
More BlackBerry Storm Apps and Accessories Articles from Wireless and Mobile News:
• BlackBerry (Storm Tour) Apps 2Day: Nobex Radio.
• BlackBerry (Storm, Tour) Apps 2Day: Vision YouTube Viewer App.
• BlackBerry (Storm / Tour ) Updated Apps: FlyCast Streaming Radio Now with Caching.
• Buy Music from Your BlackBerry Storm with Slacker Radio.
• BlackBerry Apps Today: RealPlayer SP.
• BlackBerry Storm Qik Live Video Share Apps.
• BlackBerry Storm YouTube App.
• BlackBerry (Storm) Free Apps of the Day: eReader Pro.
• BlackBerry Storm App: BeamReader.
• Free BlackBerry Storm App - Slacker Radio for BlackBerry Storm.
GPS/Location Based Services/Mapping/
• BlackBerry (Storm) Free App of the Day: Pocket Express.
• Free BlackBerry Storm App - Goolge Maps for BlackBerry Storm with GPS.
• TeleNav Mapping GPS App for BlackBerry Storm.
• Free BlackBerry Storm App Poynt GPS Locations, Listings, Maps and Movies.
• BlackBerry Storm Free App WHERE, Location and Map App.
• BlackBerry (Storm, Tour) Apps 2Day, LifeinPocket GPS, Beta
• Hail-a-Cab Apps for BlackBerry, iPhone or Windows Mobile Phone.
• BlackBerry (Storm Tour) Apps 2Day: Nogago Outdoor Navigation.
• BlackBerry Storm / Tour Updated Apps 2Day: BOLT Mobile Browser..
• BlackBerry Storm Funambol Cloud Sync and Push Email Apps.
• BlackBerry (Storm) and Java J2ME BOLT Mobile Browser Apps.
• Free BlackBerry Storm App SMS2Desk Turns SMS into Email.
BlackBerry (Tour Storm Curve) :
• Thomson Reuters App.
• TIME Magazine.
• BlackBerry (Storm, Bold Pearl, Curve, 8800) Free Sports Apps Today: ScoreMobile BlackBerry.
Telephone Services/ Voice to Speech/ Vocal
• Intercall Conferencing.
• BlackBerry Storm Voice Control App: Vlingo.
• BlackBerrry Storm Takes Dication with MyCaption
• BlackBerry Storm Apps 2Day: TweetCaster - Twitter App.
• BlackBerry Storm App: TwitterBerry.
• Xing Social Networking App.
• BlackBerry Unwanted Update 2Day: UberTwitter.
Utility Program Apps
• LogMeIn BlackBerry Storm Apps Outed at WES.
• BlackBerry Storm App of the Day: gwabbit.
• BlackBerry Storm Free App: Fee Finder Calculates, Tip, Mortgage, and Auto.
• Free TetherBerry Beta Apps for Macs for BlackBerry (Storm).
• Launch2Net Apps Tethers Macs to BlackBerry Storm.
• BlackBerry (Storm) Free App: I Love BlackBerry, BlackBerry Addiction Tester.
• BlackBerry Storm Level Apps Checks Level
• Ticketmaster BlackBerry Apps.
• BlackBerry Storm Decorative Protection Unique Skins.
• SitOrSquat Free BlackBerry and BlackBerry Storm Toilet-Finder Apps.
• BlackBerry Storm App: QuickLaunch.
• Free BlackBerry Storm and iPhone Apps of the Day: GIST (Data Speed Monitor).
• BlackBerry Storm Accessory : OtterBox for BlackBerry Storm.
• Control Video Camera Apps from BlackBerry Storm or Bold.
• Manage Lights and Appliances with BlackBerry Storm, iPhone and G1.
• BlackBerry Storm App: Free QuickPull Frees Up Memory.
• Use BlackBerry Storm as Garage Door Opener.
• TalkLock Turns off BlackBerry Storm’s Touchscreen - Fixes Touchy Issue.
• BlackBerry Storm Must-Have Accessories Add-Ons
• BlackBerry Storm Danger Warnings - Do’s and Don’t’s.
Games and Themes
• BlackBerry BlackBerry Storm Play Storm Piano.
• Storm Free Flying Game:Flight Path.
• Free BlackBerry Storm Artsy Theme: Art Gallery v.1.
• BlackBerry Storm Controls Race Car? Get Punked.
• Free BlackBerry Storm App: StormSketch Turns Storm into Sketching Tool.
• Free BlackBerry Storm App - BlackBerry Storm Light Saber.
• Fun BlackBerry Storm Tilty Marble Game: Marble Trap.
• BlackBerry Storm Game: Tiltris Teltris-Like Game.
BlackBerry Storm News and Reviews Links Page:
Related from WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS
• Best Free BlackBerry Storm Apps for BlackBerry Storm This Month
• BlackBerry (Storm, Curve, Bold), WinMo, Palm Droid an' Droid Free Sync Apps...
• Best Top New Free BlackBerry (Storm Bold & Curve) Apps this Month
• BlackBerry (Storm) Apps 2Day: ÜberTwitter - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS
More Blackberry Storm Apps:
Blackberry Tips and Tricks
|AT&T Blackberry Torch 9800
|From the main screen,
open the Camera app.
|Press Menu, and select
|Set your options, making
sure to choose On Media
Card to store pictures.
|Next, select a Folder for
your next shots to be
stored in. Create folders
as you like.
|Insert a period
Press Space key twice – the next letter is capitalized.
|Capitalize a letter
Hold letter key until capitalized letter appears
|Type an alternate character on a key
Hold Alt key and press character key
|Type an accented or special character
Hold letter key and roll trackball left or right (For example, to
type ü, hold U and roll the trackball to the left until ü appears).
Release letter key when accented or special character appears
|Answer a call
Press Send key
|Insert (+) into a phone number
|Add an extension to a phone number
Press Alt key + X key and type the extension number
|Assign a speed dial number to a key
On the Home screen or on the Phone screen, hold down key
|Turn speakerphone on or off during a call
Press Speakerphone key
|Type a letter in a phone number field
Press Alt key + the letter key
|Check your voicemail
|Move to the top of the Phone screen
Press Space key
|View the last phone number you called
Press Space key + Enter key Press. Send key to dial the number
|View your contact list on the Phone screen
Hold Send key
|Reply to a message
|Reply to all
|Forward a message
|View email address of a contact in a message,
To view display name again, press Q
|File a highlighted email message
|Compose a message from a message list
|Open a highlighted message
Press Enter key
|Mark a message as opened or unopened
Press Alt key + U
|View received messages
Press Alt key + I
|View sent messages
Press Alt key + O
|View voicemail messages
Press Alt key + V
|View SMS text messages
Press Alt key + S
|View call logs
Press Alt key + P
|View all your messages again
Press Escape key
|Move up the screen
Press Shift + Space key
|Move down the screen
Press Space key
|Move to the top of a message list
|Move to the bottom of a message list
|Move to the next date
|Move to the previous date
|Move to the next unopened item
|Move to the next related message
|Move to the previous related message
|Search for text in a message or memo
|Search for text in an attachment or web page
|Search for a contact in a list of contacts
Type the contact name or initials separated by a space
|Search for text in a presentation attachment or an email
Verify that you’re viewing the presentation in text view or in text
and slide view, Press F
|Move to the last cursor position after closing and
reopening an attachment
|Caps Lock Press Alt + RIGHT shift key
Num Lock Press Alt + LEFT shift key
|Typing & Phone Dialing Shortcuts
|Create Folders To Organize And Store Your Photos
Handheld Computer Solutions
We Put Productivity In The Palm Of Your Hand
Follow me on
|From the main screen,
locate and open the
Camera application icon
|Take a photo of the palm
of your hand without flash.
|Select My Pictures and
locate the palm of your
hand photo, or any photo.
|Place the cursor on the
|Press the Menu key,
select Set As Home
Screen. Close App.
|Monthly Maintenance For Your Blackberry
Improve Navigation by Organizing your Blackberry
View the Powerpoint
|From the main screen,
locate and open the
Options application icon
|How To Customize AutoText and enhance your messaging
|Select AutoText, from the
list, tap the menu key,
|Type in the word "realtor",
in lower case letters.
Under With, type REALTOR
|At the end of REALTOR,
symbol by holding down
the R and rolling the
trackball or pad at the
|Make short sentences or
long names easy. As long
as it's not an English
word, it works! Try making
'U" AutoText into you.
|Start by opening the
Enter your User name and
Password to open the
|How To Add Another Email Address To Your Blackberry
Choose your email client
to start the wizard, or
choose other for manual
|Highlight the App to be
moved. ,Press Menu,
Select Move Folder
|Select the folder, or create
and name a new folder.
|Select the folder, press
Complete Move. Your
app is in it's new home.
|Organize your screen - Move Apps Into A Custom Folder
|Start by following the
Email Settings process
|After Logging in, tap Menu,
Scroll down, erase the
with your own, Save